If you have a Halo Sport 2, please click here for Bluetooth troubleshooting instructions!
If you are experiencing issues connecting Halo Sport to your iOS device via Bluetooth, follow these steps:
1) Make sure your iOS Device and Operating System are supported.
2) Make sure the app is up to date with the latest App Store version. (App store → Updates (lower right) → see if Halo Sport is listed. If it is, update and skip step 2.)
3) Close the Halo Sport app (Double-click the home button, then swipe the app away)
4) Perform a hard reset on your Halo Sport: Hold down the silver button for about 20 seconds. The light on your headset should fade away, then blink fast, then turn off; let go when the light turns off.
5) Put Halo Sport into pairing mode: Hold down the silver button on your headset until the indicator light fades away, then let go when it starts to blink fast.
6) Re-open the app and attempt to connect. If the device connects, the app should proceed to the remote screen.
tags: BLE, Bluetooth device, pair, pairing, connect, connection, coupling, link, Apple, iPhone, iOS, smart phone, smartphone, mobile device