It usually takes about 2 weeks or 8-10 Neuropriming sessions to see results from using Halo Sport; sometimes it can take more time. Below we have listed our top tips for getting the most out of Halo Sport:
1. Take advantage of the hyperplasticity period.
Using Halo Sport is all about timing. A training session with Halo consists of 20 minutes of Neuropriming, followed by about 60 minutes of hyperplasticity or "hyperlearning":
The brain best responds to athletic training during the hyperplasticity period following the Neuropriming session. Halo Sport's benefits are at their maximum when those 60 minutes begin, and the benefits taper off over the course of the 60-minute period. So as soon as you remove the headset, you'll want to be ready to dive right into your training.
2. Turn up the amplitude.
If it's comfortable for you, try turning up the amplitude to level 8, 9 or 10. If you find the higher settings to be too intense, getting really good contact with your head can help to reduce the sensation of the stimulation.
3. Focus on repetitive training for the skills you're trying to improve.
We've seen that Halo Sport training results are best when the training period is paired with intense, repetitive movements for the specific skill you are trying to improve. It's also important to focus on proper form, because muscle memory is developed more quickly with Halo Sport.
4. If possible, track your results.
Methods for tracking progress will be different for different activities. For example:
- For weightlifting, you might make note of your weight max / rep max each day.
- For a musical instrument, you could note how easily/quickly you're able to do scales or learn a new song.
- For endurance sports, you can keep track of improvements in speed and energy levels.
It's also important to choose the correct session type for your specific activity.