If you are having trouble connecting Halo Sport 2 to your iPhone via Bluetooth, the following steps will give you a fresh start and should help you to connect successfully:
- Put Halo Sport into pairing mode: Turn the headset on and hold down the pause button (between the +/- volume buttons) for about 10 seconds until the light starts flashing quickly.
- Turn off the headset. Press and hold the power button until the indicator light turns solid green and starts to fade away, then release. The light will turn off and stay off.
- Close the Halo Sport app (Double-click the home button, then swipe the app away. On iPhone X or later, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, locate the Halo Sport app and swipe up on the app to close it.)
- 'Forget' Halo Sport in your Bluetooth settings. Go into your Settings app → Bluetooth → Press the "i" button next to any Halo Sport listing → select "Forget This Device". Do this for every Halo Sport listing in your Bluetooth settings.
- Re-open the Halo Sport app.
- Turn on your headset and attempt to connect.
If the steps above do not get you connected, please check to make sure that your iOS Device and Operating System are supported. You’ll also want to make sure that you have the latest version of the app. (App store → Updates (lower right) → see if Halo Sport is listed. If it is, select ‘Update’.)